Diseases and Risks
We are going to list up the following health risks that are in the country and please be aware of our advice:
- Diarrhoeal diseases, including giardiasis, and typhoid fevers are common
- Bilharzia (schistosomiasis) is present; avoid swimming and paddling in fresh water
- Hepatitis E is widespread; hepatitis B is hyperendemic
- Meningococcal meningitis risk is present, particularly in dry areas and during the dry season
- Rabies is present. For those at high risk, vaccination before arrival should be considered. If you are bitten, seek medical advice without delay.
- The high altitude and low oxygen level of much of Ethiopia need time to be acclimatised to.
- When people Climbing to the high altitude, they may feel headache, loose of appetite, vomiting and being unable to breathe because of luck of oxygen and we need our customers to bring the necessary medication.
- Anyone who suffers from heart ailments or high blood pressure should consult a Doctor before travelling.